I have been using BSNL EVDO since a year. Many people have asked me on how to use BSNL EVDO data card (AC8700) with other CDMA operators.
The below content applies to BSNL EVDO data card model AC8700 manufactured by ZTE only. I have tried to put details, still may have missed as I am in a hurry to leave for somewhere.
First of all almost all BSNL EVDO data cards are unlocked. However you may face an issue of not detecting the T-SIM card.
To solve this:
Time Needed: 10 minutes max.
If you need the latest BSNL ZTE AC8700 EVDO software download it from http://www.mediafire.com/?r526z47x4cab0t1
2. Install the software, its basic install. Do not start the software now. If the software is on you can close it.
3. Connect your BSNL EVDO modem AC8700 and start the DFS software now.
4. Click on ‘Ports’ on top left.
Look for ‘ZTE Service Port FFFE (Com??)’. Double click on it.
Your modem should be listed as in above image. If not try double click again on the ‘ZTE Service Port FFFE (Com??)’.
Close the ports screen and get back to main screen. It should be like in the image below:
5. Check the second line on top left. The Icon before the Port name on top left is green or not and the ‘ZTE Service Port FFFE’ should be listed.
Important: Don’t change anything else than what is mentioned here.
The SPC box by default has ‘000000’. If not put ‘000000’ in it. And then click on SPC button.
You will see ‘DEVICE Unlocked’ in the bottom screen.
In case it shows ‘BAD SPC VALUE UNLOCK FAILED’. Double check that SPC is ‘000000’ i.e 6 zeroes. Still its shows error means SPC is different and needs to be hacked. Which is easy and I will write about it later. My guess is you wont stuck here.
6. Now go to ‘Programming Tab’. by default it shows the “General sub tab’
In the Config Box on right side click Read. It should display current settings in the respective boxes.
In the ‘Ruim Config’ box select ‘Ruim Pref’ and click on write.
By selecting Ruim Pref, now when you insert a T-SIM in the modem, it will start using the SIM and once you remove it, it starts using the inbuilt settings of your home operator. Here BSNL.
7. Click Reset on the right top side on software. Close the software.
8. Test it and let me know if this worked for you. Do ask if you face any problem.
Have a nice day.